Thursday 11 September 2014

# Dusty Attic # Mixed Media

Dusty Attic Design Team Call

Hi everyone! I was a little more than excited when I read that Dusty Attic were putting the call out for a second design team, so I've decided to apply! This will be my first design team application and yes, I'm a little nervous but that's to be expected lol.  I love using chipboard and Dusty Attic have a lovely range and can be used for so many things, in so many ways. Raw, painted, distressed, heat embossed, inked, stamped.. the list goes on!

The design team entry consists of the September Sketch, a layout design of our own as well as something off the page which could be a canvas, card, wood piece etc. So without further ado, here are the three pieces that I have submitted as my application for Dusty Attic's Deisgn Team. :)

Piece No. 1 - September Sketch

This is the layout that I created for the September Sketch Challenge. Details of this layout can be found here.


Piece No. 2 - Layout of My Choice

My second piece is a layout of my own choice which I had created a few months ago. I love how the colours in the paper worked so well with Pusscat's colouring. This layout was fun to do and can be easily replicated using Dusty Attic's round frames, flourish pieces and embellishments.







Products Used:
Bo Bunny paper -
Orange, Black cardstock
Twiddlybitz chipboard flourish
Thickers
Tim Holtz distress paint - Crushed Olive, Bundled Sage
Ranger Matte Accents
Kaisercraft organza ribbon
Misc - charms, rhinestones, embellishments
Martha Stewart butterfly punch, circle border punch
Sizzix daisy die
Brown ink

Piece No. 3 - Off the Page: Canvas

My third piece is off the page and I chose to do a small canvas. This is my first mixed media canvas piece and I'm really happy with how it turned out. 









Products Used:
Kaisercraft 6" x 6" canvas
Dusty Attic Clock Faces & Hands
Dusty in Bloom flowers - Vintage Rose
Texture paste
Gesso + Kaisercraft Paint - Blossom, Dusty Pink
Inka Gold - Magenta, Rose Quartz,
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Viva Pink, Vintage Pink, Black Cherry
Perfect Pearls Mist - Forever Violet
Tim Holtz distress ink - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick
A2Z Scraplets corner flourish
Tim Holtz Idea-ology metal word band
Kaisercraft flower and pearls
Plaster mesh
Silver paint, white chalk ink
Pearls, bling, charms, pearl trim, muslin
TCW Stencils

Wish me luck and thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

(C) 2023 Julie's Craft Haven. All Rights Reserved.