Monday, 28 September 2026

Chase Your Dreams Layout for The Scrap Room

Today I'm sharing the third and final scrapbook layout that I have created for The Scrap Room craft store using the Silver Screen Magic collection from Craft O'Clock.
 
The base is the #4 paper from the Silver Screen Magic - 12x12 Main Papers pack. I die cut a piece of the Vintage White cardstock using one of the dies from the Uniquely Creative 6" x 8" Flip Folio Album Die Set. It was still on my desk from another project I was working on. If you don't have this die you can cut a piece of cardstock measuring 5 3/4 x 7 3/4 inches. 
 
While the cardstock colour matches the papers I wasn't liking how "clean" it looked, it stood out too much on the layout so I inked it by dragging a couple of ink pads in different colours across the entire piece of cardstock. This really helped to tone down the cardstock and work in with the rest of the layout. When you have adhered this to your layout base, flip the paper over and tape down the layers at the back using regular sticky tape. This will help strengthen and keep the layout base together.
 
I've used some of the DCW Shiraz Cardstock to mat the photo, it matched my dress perfectly. Next I fussy cut elements from the Silver Screen Magic Extras 3 Mixed Set. Craft O'Clock don't mess around with their elements, there's so much to use and choose from.
 
I then die cut some film strips using the Shiraz Cardstock and some scrap paper. These were cut using the Slimline Film Strip Frame and Mini Film Strip dies from Uniquely Creative. The larger film strip die cut was cut in half length ways and added as a border feature on either side of the photo. 
 
All elements were added to mainly to the right side of the photo with just two added to the left for some balance. The Dusty Attic Chipboard Title was added to the right of the photo. I didn't add anything to the chipboard as it worked just as it was.
 
Here is my completed layout plus angled close up photos so you can see how I've created and embellished the page. All products used including products available from The Scrap Room are listed below. 
 








Products Used from The Scrap Room: 
 
Other Products Used:
Uniquely Creative Slimline Film Strip Frame Die
Uniquely Creative Mini Film Strip Die 
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Ground Espresso
 Tim Holtz Oxide Ink - Aged Mahogany
 Gems
 
Thanks for stopping by, until next time happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment