Wednesday 13 May 2020

# Bee Arty Creative Corner # Bee Arty Creative Corner Challenge

Don't Follow Trends Create Them Layout for Bee Arty

Hi everyone, I'm back sharing a layout that took a few different turns before it got to its final destination. I'm always trying to challenge myself and do something different, this was no exception. Nothing like what I had originally planned but hey, that's how creativity goes sometimes. Right?

Okay, onto my layout. I've created this layout using a selfie with the current challenge in mind. Don't ever be afraid to create projects using photos of yourself. Why not? It's fun and with all of the selfie apps and filters around these days, why not have a little fun?


This layout is certainly one is for the fussy cutters as there's a bit of stamping and fussy cutting involved. To start I've done my usual cardstock frame then added a piece of Dude 12x12 paper from the Trendsetter Collection by Michelle Grant. I've torn around the edges - roughly about 1/4 of an inch all around - then adhered that to the black cardstock frame to form the base.

Next I added some Colour Blast Shimmer Dust in Passion with some water onto some scrap plastic and applied it to the base layer. I wasn't fussed on the result so I added a scrap piece of Impress 12x12 paper over the top. I've cut out the "Don't Follow Trends Create Them" quote from the same paper and also the "Keep it Sassy" from the 12x12 word sheet. Ive matted both quotes and the photo with black cardstock.

Okay, on the fun part! If you have a stamp press tool of some kind, you'll need it for this as I've double stamped my images so they are crisp black. To get the best results I've used Versafine in Onyx Black. The stamp I have used are from Floral Delights 1 and Floral Delights 2 stamp sets. I've put next to each flower in yellow on the second image so you'll know how many of each to stamp.



I've just layered all the flowers on the layout as shown. You can use the same as I have or less if you like. It's just another way you can use your stamps as embellishments on a layout. I decided to add some of the Colour Blast Passion Shimmer Dust to the centre area of the flowers and leaves to break up the white. It also helps tie them together to the colours in the layout.

Here are some close up photos of my layout so you can see how I've created and embellished the page.







Check out the current challenge for May over at the Bee Arty Creative Hive:


No comments:

Post a Comment

(C) 2023 Julie's Craft Haven. All Rights Reserved.