Thursday, 27 August 2026

A Merry Elf Layout for The Scrap Room

I'm sharing the first of three layouts that I have created for The Scrap Room craft store using the Pine Festivities by 3Quarter Designs.
 
The page I have used for the base was a little busy so I've cut a 1 1/2" frame. The remaining centre piece has been matted onto some black cardstock trimmed down to have a 1/8 inch border. This was then adhered back to the original frame to form the base. This helps to break up a busy page and directs your eyes to the focal point/photo.
 
My photo has been matted onto some black cardstock and adhered to the base. Elements from the die cut and fussy cut sheets were added. I do fussy cut all elements from the die cut sheets too so they all work together.
 
I've then die cut some poinsettia flowers from gold cardstock and added them into the clusters to help break them up and add some contrast.
 
Mel had given me the 2Crafty chipboard title which originally said "A Merry Bunch of Elves". I didn't have a suitable photo to go with this and thought that I couldn't use it. But I got inventive and cut it down to be "A Merry Elf" and it worked perfectly with my photo. Tip: you can always alter products to make them work for you.
 
The chipboard title was painted with a black paint pen then glossy accents added after it was adhered to the base. Some flat gold sequins were added to complete the layout. 
 
Here is my completed layout plus close up photos so you can see how I've created and embellished the page. 
 
 
 





Products Used from The Scrap Room: 
 
Other Products Used:
 Black cardstock
Gold cardstock
Uniquely Creative Poinsettia Die Set
Ranger Glossy Accents
Black Posca Paint Pen
Gold flat sequins 
 
Thanks for stopping by, until next time happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment