Sunday, 30 August 2026

Vellum Christmas Cards for The Scrap Room

Today I'm sharing a set of three A2 cards that I have created for The Scrap Room craft store using the Pine Festivities A4 Vellum Sheet by 3Quarter Designs.
 
Now I have to admit that these cards took a bit of engineering to do because I love a challenge and sticking the vellum panels on to a card base was too easy. Instead I die cut sections on the card fronts using different shaped dies that worked best with the vellum panels.
 
These are A2 top folding cards. I've designed them this way so that when you stand the cards up on display the vellum is a semi transparent and are the star of the show as the feature panel. 
 
I've cut down three pieces of gold cardstock to be 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches and the coordinating paper panels to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches. I lined them up with the original die cut card front, placed the die on top and ran them through my die cut machine. This will ensure your panels all line up perfectly.
 
Next I adhered the vellum panel to each card then the coordinated gold cardstock panels over the top to sandwich the vellum in between. The patterned paper panels were added on top of the gold mat layer.
 
To finish I cut thin borders using the same dies and you don't need nesting dies to do this. All you do is trace around the outside of the die and cut out the shape either with a paper trimmer or scissors. So you will have an oval, square and rectangle pieces. Place the die back down on these pieces, tape them down so they don't move and then run them through your die cut machine. You will have a slim border. You can also use nesting dies but I wanted a slimmer border for these cards. Adhere the gold frames over the cut out areas to complete the cards.
 
The easier way to do this is to cut down your paper panels, mat onto gold cardstock and add to your A2 top folding card base. Then die cut each of the vellum panels and mat onto a gold cardstock panel in the same shape and adhere to the card base. The only real difference is that you wont have the semi transparency of the vellum. 
 
 Here are the three completed cards and the products used are listed below.
 
 
 




Products Used from The Scrap Room: 

Other Products Used:
 White cardstock/card bases
Gold cardstock
Square Die
Oval Die
Rectangle Die 
 
Thanks for stopping by, until next time happy crafting!






No comments:

Post a Comment